Sunday, December 13, 2009

Letters of General Interest - Auxiliary Pilgrim , Jamaica, WI

PT. 1960 pg. 79 C-1

...I was forced nearly forty years ago to make a choice between Bro. Russell and Judge Rutherford, and I chose Bro. Russell. In recent years I again had to choose between the two Laodicean Star members and the two would-be leaders from among the Youthful Worthies, and I have chosen the Star-members. Strange it is, in view of the siftings' multitudinous charges against you, that all the advancing Truth you have published up to now is in harmony with, based upon, and flows out of what we have already learned. Continue along this line, dear Brother, and all will be well - you shall have my full support. When I withdraw my support from you will be when you stray from or contradict the writings of God's two special Messengers.

One must wonder if this brother would have supported the "present view" since it is not in harmony with, based upon or flows out of what we have already learned. You will notice that this brother supported Bro. Jolly because he didn't stray from or contradict the writings of God's two special messengers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a letter written to Bro. Jolly. Too bad it is not in the Bible Standard Encylopedia disk put out by BSM. Some of the letters to the past editors of the Present Truth Magazine really tell a lot. I have the original paper copies here. People that don't have these probably are calling you liars. It is a great letter, you should post it.

Thornbush