Sunday, May 16, 2010

Letter of General Interest

PT July 1935, page 118: "I also found a brother who used every argument he could concoct to resist the thought that we are in the Epiphany. He could not see a number of points I presented. Naturally I looked for the cause of his blindness on many simple truths that brethren not so gifted mentally as he is could easily see. So I asked him if he believed that the Harvest reaping had ended, that the High Calling had closed and that the Youthful Worthies are now being selected. He replied, No, to each question. Then I asked him when he consecrated, and he replied, in 1924. I urged him to guard his heart with all diligence and to avoid self-will, accepting the Lord's will instead, and resting in it. I fear that many candidates for Youthful Worthiship will lose out by resisting the Lord and His Truth and by insisting in self-will on marrying the Lord without His proposing to them." --Bro. R. G. Jolly

No comments: